Perfect hearing is when all the sounds and speech around you can be heard exactly as they’re first transmitted. Everything is clear and can be perfectly understood.
As you read this, perhaps you’re thinking that you haven’t been making a perfect connection with the world around you for some time now.
If that’s the case, here’s a quick reminder of what it’s like to hear perfectly:
- Conversations are effortless and you don’t have to keep asking people to repeat themselves.
- You never need to lip read.
- You hear clearly from all directions around you, including rain drops, birds in a tree, a friends voice behind you or a moving car.
- Noisy environments are comfortable, not irritating and strenuous on your ears and concentration.
- Your television and radio are set at normal volumes.
- You’re socially active, involved, in control and confident.
If you feel your hearing has changed it’s important that you understand your hearing as it is today and find out how it can be improved.
To understand how your hearing has changed, attend a free hearing check with a qualified Audika clinician. During a short, simple appointment, you will listen to a range of sounds and indicate when you hear them. You’ll then receive your results straight away. Free hearing checks are available to adults aged 26 years or older. Request your appointment today.
If you have a hearing impairment it may be described in terms of a degree of hearing loss. Here’s how this works:
- Mild hearing loss. Soft speech is difficult to hear, especially in noisy environments. A hearing aid will improve your hearing.
- Moderate hearing loss. Following a conversation in a noisy environment is problematic. Your TV and radio is turned up. You may need a hearing aid to communicate.
- Severe hearing loss. You ask people to repeat themselves with more volume frequently. A hearing aid will improve communication for you.
- Profound hearing loss. Hearing is difficult even with amplification. A hearing aid will allow you to communicate.
Getting checked sooner rather than later will reduce the effects of loss such as hearing deprivation, possible depression, isolation in social environments and most importantly, the distress of missing out on communicating clearly with loved ones, friends, and colleagues effortlessly each day.
Simply have your hearing checked at an Audika near you.
Our qualified Audika clinicians have the expertise and knowledge to assess your hearing in a comfortable and discreet environment, and you’ll get the results straight away.
A few things that you should know first:
- The procedure is simple, fast and is FREE* for adults ages 26 or over.
- Our service is obligation free.
- You may not need a hearing aid but if you do don’t worry they aren’t bulky and heavy anymore, our latest state of the art advancements mean that you can completely hide a hearing aid in your ear canal.
- Government subsidies^, health fund rebates and clinic discounts may be available to make treatment more affordable for you.
- You can bring a friend or family member along to your appointment.